1. In September, Adlon in Cady’s Alley will introduce the Living Divani furniture line from Italy. Pictured here, the upholstered Avalon Bed designed by Eero Koivisto combines a wooden headboard and frame with a stainless-steel base. The removable cover is available in leather or fabric. Phone (202) 337-0810 or visit www.adlondesign.com.
2. If you like to lounge while watching a DVD or a football game, the Myto sofa lets you kick back in style. With the push of a button, the seat cushions slide out so you can put up your feet and relax. Made in Italy, Myto is available in four sizes and many shades of leather or upholstery. Available at Anora Home in Friendship Heights. Phone (202) 363-3033 or visit www.anorahome.com.
3. Designed and ergonomically engineered by the Austrian design team Eoos, the Drift chair marries sculptural form and comfort. It is fabricated on a wood frame with a spring core and comes in a wide array of fabrics as well as leather. Available at M2L in Georgetown’s Cady’s Alley. Phone (202) 298-8010 or visit www.M2Lcollection.com.
4. Add a dash of color and clean, modern design on your pool deck or patio with Frame, a new line of outdoor furniture from Paola Lenti. Its structures made of aluminum sections are upholstered with a woven, weather-resistant braided material that comes in a number of natural shades. Available at Contemporary in Cady’s Alley. Phone (202) 338-0193 or visit www.contemporaria.com.
Artefacto in Georgetown welcomes an entirely new inventory of clean-lined furnishings to its M Street showroom in September.
1. The glass-topped Bloom side table, which comes in both rectangular and square dimensions. Customers can also specify seven different finishes—including contrasting ones on the inside and outside of the piece;
2. The Orbit side table, available in maple and Brazilian Imbuia veneer finishes. Phone (202) 338-3337 or visit www.artefacto.com.
3. The new Nuage chair combines a playful shape with colorful fabrics in solids or prints. Designed by Tapinassi & Manzoni, Nuage is part the new Informels collection at Roche-Bobois in Friendship Heights. Phone (202) 686-5667 or visit www.rochebobois.com.
4. The new Alo stool from Poltrona Frau in Georgetown provides ergonomically correct seating and boasts fluid, dynamic lines. The leather upholstery comes in a rainbow of colors. Phone (202) 333-1166 or visit www.frauwashington.com.
5. Ligne Roset recently introduced Fawcett, designed by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec. This multi-faceted seating line has small proportions inspired by urban living. It includes a sofa, loveseat, sectional, armchair and ottomans. They’re available in more than 350 fabrics and colors, plus Ultrasuede and leather. Phone (202) 333-6390 or visit www.ligne-roset-usa.com.