When it comes to waterfront construction, Lynbrook of Annapolis, Inc.’s Dennis Ulrich selects the following building materials with the weather in mind:
- Corrosion-resistant, stainless-steel fasteners to prevent streaking on siding.
- Proper flashing details for high-wind areas.
- Quality windows and doors to increase performance and keep out water, with anti-corrosion hardware and higher DP (design pressure) ratings.
- Drainage planes to extend the life of roofing and siding.
- Brass, copper and stainless-steel exterior light fixtures to resist corrosion and premature failures.